Arts and Culture Circles
Arts and Culture Circles is a modality of the Rivonia Circle.
South Africa has a long history of artist and performers who have and continue to use art as a tool to communicate social and political ideas. From the liberation movement to contemporary protest culture, South Africans understand the power of song, dance, illustrations and drama for political messaging and consciousness building.
- Amply the voices and expressions of artists
- Produce social and politically conscious art that reflects and shapes our society
- Support the development of arts and culture related industries
In partnership with Paul Noko and the team at Sketches Productions, the Rivonia Circle is pleased to launch Political Theatre.
Political Theatre is a 5 – Day workshop that teaches a minimum of four artistic skills and applies those skills to the expressions of social and political ideas.
Political Theatre is:
- 5-Day Workshop
- 20 participants
- 4 Facilitators
- 4 Artistic skills including drama, dance, painting, sculpting, singing etc.
- Learning about social and political issues
- Learning how to use art for social good
- Co-creating art with others
- For people with some experience or no experience in art expressions
POWER TO ACT WORKSHOP – DIEPKLOOF, SOWETO
‘Power to Act’ is the first Political Theatre Workshop that will be hosted in Diepkloof, SOWETO
from 23 – 27 February 2022.
You can apply to participate in this workshop here by no later than 11 February 2022.
*There is only Space for 20 participants. Selection will be based on diversity of interests and backgrounds. Successful applicants will be notified on 14 February 2022.